Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wherin I change my mind after a very short time

I thought that I wanted to write a blog about our journey towards leaving consumerism and the components of our life that go into that. And I do. But I think I want this blog to be more personal to me than just that. When I think about posting, along with those posts that obviously fit into that focus, I think about posting about food, the book I just read, and how some days I'm just exhausted. I could just turn this into a private blog, somewhere to keep a journal, or even simply keep a paper journal. But one of the things that I love about the blog concept, is the idea that you can write both for yourself and for others. Other than papers for school and letters, nobody ever sees what I write. It keeps me from having to risk failure in other people's eyes. I'm realizing though, that not taking the risk is in itself a form of failure. So, you will see posts about canning, bartering, sewing, homeschooling, and gardening. You will also see posts about internal struggles, gratuitous food posts, and musings on why a book has touched me a certain way (or conversely, why I hate it). A blog without a clear focus does not generally garner a large following, and it's good that I have no ambitions to make money from it because that won't work either. But perhaps a few people, probably my nearest and dearest, will come a read and comment and occasionally enjoy the fact that I don't just say that I write things, I actually do write things.

No comments:

Post a Comment